Mon, Wed, & Fridays, 8:00am-8:30am
Light Up Your Day
- Dr. Brian Quigley will help us explore the benefits of life's various rhythms, including circadian rhythm, which sets the rhythm of our bodies and minds, and how light (both artificial and natural sunlight) can impact our mood, energy, and performance.
- 'Happy Light Energy Lamps', & tea/coffee will be provided.
Monday through Fridays, 9:00am
Start Your Day Right
- We will go over our intentions for the day and create gratitude lists.
- Daily and/or consecutive attendance is not required.
- Your presence will be appreciated whenever you are able to attend!!
Monday through Fridays, 1:00pm-1:30pm:
5-minute mindfulness/spiritual reading + 15-minute meditation (guided or silent meditation)
Each week, we will read and practice on one important topic such as gratitude, love, forgiveness, change, etc.
This activity is open for all levels of meditators/mindfulness practitioners.
No previous experience with meditation is required.
Recovery Support Group
- Any and all topics related to behavioral recovery are welcome in this one-size-fits-all support and psycho-education group.
- Come prepared to find support from peers with similar issues and receive education designed to build your capacity for mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal skills.
TEDTalk Tuesdays, 2pm-2:30pm:
- If you like watching TEDTalks, are interested in learning new things, and sharing your ideas, this event is calling your name. An inspiring TED talk will be shown and followed by thoughtful discussions. We learn about the new idea and then try to bring it into our personal life and into our community.
- If you have one (or two) favorite TEDTalks that you’d like to share, please email Peace Huynh at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook. We would love to honor your suggestion!
EFT Education Group
education group is about learning how to practice EFT (Emotional Freedom
Techniques) on your own as well as other somatic interventions designed to
lower cortisol and increase well-being.
- EFT is an evidence-based practice shown to aid in a range of issues, from overeating, to addiction, to anxiety.
Yoga-inspired Fitness Class
- This class will help you strengthen your physical health, improve your mental stability, and grow spiritual practice. Our instructor will integrate the 12 steps of recovery into the class. We intend to address our life through a mind-body-spirit perspective.
- Difficulty level: mild to moderate.
- All skill-levels welcome.
- Accommodations will be provided if you have any aches/pains or injuries.
- Mats will be provided.
- This group will help participants develop a vision for the future by identifying valued goals in different areas of their life. By clarifying valued goals in different domains of their life, students can then begin to develop a plan to progress towards those goals.
'Rhythm of Life' Drum Circle
- Drum circles are an ancient form of experiential therapy that promote greater mental, physical and spiritual health. Recent research indicates that drumming accelerates physical healing, boosts the immune system and produces feelings of well-being, a release of emotional trauma and reintegration of self.
Eating Disorder Enrichment Network (EDEN)
- We offer emotional support and creative solutions to what we are going through.
Fridays, 1pm: lazy movie hour
- Each week, we will enjoy taking a break from our studying by watching a movie together!
- If you have a movie suggestion, please let us know!!
- Mats and cushions will be provided.
- No previous attendance or experience necessary.
- Have questions? Contact Dr. Newfield at Neal.Newfield@mail.wvu.edu
Create: where art, friends, and recovery are always welcome
- We will get our creative gears turning to create art that represents us and the things that matter most! collages · painting · crafting · sketching · so much more
- Snacks and supplies provided. ☺
- Come play some music with us, or just listen and have fun.
- All skill-levels are invited to join in!
- Previous attendance not required.
- Join us for some time outdoors! We will meet at Serenity Place at 9 AM.
- We are always open to suggestions of where to travel. In the case of inclement weather, walks will be cancelled.
- Open to all WVU students.
- The primary focus of this group is to provide students with an atmosphere that supports personal growth which can assist in the development of goals and dreams.
- Through regular attendance, individuals can check in with themselves weekly to check their progress.
- Topics that will be discussed are financial education, books to support growth, motivational videos, guided meditations, daily habits, self-care, self-discipline and self-love.