Follow along with us ⬇
Monday through Fridays, 9:00am
Start Your Day Right [at the Arboretum]
* On sunny mornings in April [from April 8-26, Mon-Fri], we will be going to the Arboretum to start our day right so that we can look at the beautiful flowers while we also go over our intentions and create gratitude lists.
- We will go over our intentions for the day and create gratitude lists.
- Daily and/or consecutive attendance is not required.
- Your presence will be appreciated whenever you are able to attend!!
Recovery Support Group
- Any and all topics related to behavioral recovery are welcome in this one-size-fits-all support and psycho-education group.
- Come prepared to find support from peers with similar issues and receive education designed to build your capacity for mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal skills.
Mondays, 2:00-2:30pm & Tues-Fri @1pm:
5-minute mindfulness/spiritual reading + 15-minute meditation (guided or silent meditation)
Each week, we will read and practice on one important topic such as gratitude, love, forgiveness, change, etc.
This activity is open for all levels of meditators/mindfulness practitioners.
No previous experience with meditation is required.
TEDTalk Tuesdays, 2pm-2:30pm:
- If you like watching TEDTalks, are interested in learning new things, and sharing your ideas, this event is calling your name. An inspiring TED talk will be shown and followed by thoughtful discussions. We learn about the new idea and then try to bring it into our personal life and into our community.
- If you have one (or two) favorite TEDTalks that you’d like to share, please email Peace Huynh at email@example.com or message us on Facebook. We would love to honor your suggestion!
EFT Education Group
education group is about learning how to practice EFT (Emotional Freedom
Techniques) on your own as well as other somatic interventions designed to
lower cortisol and increase well-being.
- EFT is an evidence-based practice shown to aid in a range of issues, from overeating, to addiction, to anxiety.
Yoga-inspired Fitness Class
- This class will help you strengthen your physical health, improve your mental stability, and deepen your spiritual practice. Our instructor will integrate the 12 steps of recovery into the class. We intend to address our life through a mind-body-spirit perspective.
- Difficulty level: mild to moderate.
- All skill-levels welcome.
- Accommodations will be provided if you have any aches/pains or injuries.
- Mats will be provided.
Book Study on Together We Are One: Honoring Our Diversity, Celebrating Our Connection by Thích Nhất Hạnh
*Note: the NEXT Drum Circle will be conducted on Thursday, April 25 from 5-7pm during chillFEST at the Rec Center*
- Mats and cushions will be provided.
- No previous attendance or experience necessary.
- Have questions? Contact Dr. Newfield at Neal.Newfield@mail.wvu.edu
*Create/Sober Jam will not be happening 04/19/19 due to the University being closed.*
Create: where art, friends, and recovery are always welcome
- We will get our creative gears turning to create art that represents us and the things that matter most! collages · painting · crafting · sketching · so much more
- Snacks and supplies provided. ☺
& Sober Jam (on select Fri nights)
- Come play some music with us, or just listen and have fun.
- All skill-levels are invited to join in!
- Previous attendance not required.
- Join us for some time outdoors! We will meet at Serenity Place at 9 AM.
- We are always open to suggestions of where to travel. In the case of inclement weather, hikes will be cancelled.
- Open to all WVU students.
- The primary focus of this group is to provide students with an atmosphere that supports personal growth which can assist in the development of goals and dreams.
- Through regular attendance, individuals can check-in with each other to ensure accountability towards their goals.
- Wellness tools that will be utilized during these groups include: books to support mental/emotional growth, guided meditations, motivational videos, and discussions around daily habits, self-care, self-discipline, and self-love. Information on financial education will also be included.